Purpose of the Grants
The Australian Government provides grants to support Timorese Australia Awards Alumni to undertake leadership and professional development opportunities, and to strengthen their networks with Australian organisations, in order to contribute to the future development of Timor-Leste.
Each grant must be above the minimum of USD500 and up to a maximum of USD5,000 and are payable in AUD or USD currencies. Provision of an amount is not automatic and the application should justify the amount that is sought through an itemised budget to be included in the application form.
Eligible alumni are those who have studied under an Australia Award, an Australian Development Scholarship or previous similar program funded by the Australian Government for a Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelor, Masters or Doctoral degree. Alumni may apply individually or as a group of alumni. Eligible applications must propose funding for a one-time leadership and/or professional development opportunity that relates to their field of study or employment. Preference will be given to applications relating to gender equality and inclusion (women, people living with disability, and people from rural areas).
Examples of Alumni Small Grants
Examples of expenses which the Australia Awards Alumni Small Grants fund could provide for include, but is not limited to:
- attending an event such as a conference, workshop or symposia in the alumni’s field of study or employment
- organising an event such as a conference, workshop or symposia in the alumni’s field of study or employment
- completing short-term training (up to two months) that adds value to the alumni’s field of study or employment
- membership fees to a relevant professional body or association in Timor-Leste or Australia
- maintaining links with Australian institutions or organisations, such as participating in university- or organisation-sponsored competitions or events
- running a community program that uses the alumni’s knowledge and skills gained while a scholar in Australia
- undertaking further research in an area of expertise, particularly where that area relates to Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) priorities
- undertaking work placements or internships in organisations related to the alumni’s field of study
Other expenses or activities that meet the primary eligibility requirements may be covered by the Alumni Small Grants fund.
Applications for a Grant may be submitted to the Australia Awards Communications and Alumni Officer . Please contact the Australia Awards Communications and Alumni via email at email@example.com for further information.