About Australia Awards – Timor-Leste
Thinking about applying for an Australia Awards Scholarship?
Watch this video to guide you through the selection process:
Australia Awards Scholarship for 2021 intake applications are now closed.
For more information, please contact the scholarship team via the email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 33 22 603.
Why not hear from on award scholars and find out what studying in Australia means to them by watching this short film
Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders for development. Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia.
Applicants are assessed on their professional and personal qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to impact on development challenges in Timor-Leste.
* Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with a disability and other marginalised groups.
* Preference is given to those who have not had an Australian Awards scholarship before.
* A limited number of scholarships will be available for undergraduate studies. Please note only undergraduate courses not available in Timor-Leste will be considered for scholarship
Learn more about Australia Awards in general and other supplementary awards here
Level of study
Australia Awards Scholarships provide citizens of Timor-Leste with the opportunity to obtain a qualification at an Australian tertiary institution.
Awards will be offered for commencement in 2021 within the following allocations:
* Bachelor degree
* Postgraduate Certificate (Permanent Public Servants only)
* Postgraduate Diploma (Permanent Public Servants only)
* Masters degree
For persons with a disability any level of study including Diploma and Advanced Diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate is acceptable.
For more information and advice please contact the Scholarships team on (landline) +670 3322603.
"My experience studying in Australia was transformational. It changed my perspective, challenged my assumptions and trained me to see problems from different angles. Abel Pires da Silva Head of Infrastructure at the Timor-Leste National Parliament"